Being involved in a car accident can be a terrifying experience, especially when it comes to determining who is at fault. If you are in a T-bone car accident in Knoxville, Tennessee, it's important to understand how fault is determined. In this blog post, we'll explore the factors that influence fault and why you may need the assistance of an experienced Knoxville car accident attorney.
Understanding the Basics of a T-Bone Car Accident
A T-bone car accident typically involves one vehicle crashing into the side of another vehicle, forming a "T" shape. These accidents often happen at intersections when one driver fails to yield the right-of-way to another driver. Determining fault in a T-bone car accident involves gathering evidence and evaluating each driver's actions.
Key Factors that Influence Fault
- Traffic Laws: Tennessee's traffic laws play a significant role in establishing fault in a T-bone car accident. Violations such as running a red light, speeding, or failing to yield can determine who is considered at fault.
- Right-of-Way: One crucial factor in determining fault is recognizing who had the right-of-way at the time of the accident. Failure to yield to another driver with the right-of-way often results in the driver being held responsible for the accident.
- Witness Statements: Witness statements can provide valuable evidence in determining fault. Eyewitnesses who saw the accident can offer an unbiased account of what happened and help establish who was at fault.
- Driver Behavior: Assessing the actions of both drivers involved is essential in determining fault. Aggressive driving, distracted driving, or driving under the influence can significantly impact fault in a car accident.
Why You Need an Experienced Knoxville Car Accident Lawyer
Dealing with the aftermath of a T-bone car accident can be overwhelming. Hiring an experienced Knoxville car accident lawyer is crucial for the following reasons:
- Legal Knowledge: Experienced attorneys specializing in car accidents understand the intricacies of Tennessee's personal injury laws. They have the knowledge and experience to navigate the legal process and fight for your rights.
- Case Evaluation: A skilled lawyer will thoroughly evaluate the details of your accident and gather evidence to determine fault. They will also assess the extent of your injuries and their impact on your life to establish a fair compensation amount.
- Negotiation Skills: Insurance companies are notorious for offering low settlements to accident victims. A knowledgeable lawyer will negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Court Representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, your lawyer will be prepared to take your case to court. Having a legal advocate by your side throughout the litigation process can be extremely beneficial to the outcome of your case.
Call The Law Offices of G. Turner Howard III and Associates Today
If you've recently been involved in a T-bone car accident in Knoxville, Tennessee, don't go through the legal process on your own. The experienced team at The Law Offices of G. Turner Howard III and Associates is here to help. Our dedicated Knoxville car accident team will fight for your rights and fair compensation.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We'll review the details of your case, answer any questions you may have, and provide guidance on the best course of action.